Raised Floor Pedestal SG-2
Heavy duty Raised Floor Pedestal SG-2 consists of a base plate, tube, height adjustment head plate, threaded rod and hexagon nut. This raised floor pedestal is designed for industrial application where heavy loading is required.
Raised Floor Pedestal SG-2 has been extensively installed to support the raised floor system in manufacturing plants of Taiwanese IT industry, such as integrated circuit (semiconductor), Light-Emitting Diode (LED lighting) and TFT-LCD (panel screen).
|Range of Finished Floor Heights
||From 400 mm to 1000 mm (15.7" to 39.3")
|Range of Tube Heights
||From 220 mm to 820 mm (8.6" to 32.2")
|Range of Height Adjustment
||± 30 mm (± 1.18)
|Pedestal Axial-Load Performance
||64 kN, 6550 kgf, 14440 lbf axial load
|Stringer Concentrated-Load Performance
||2.74 kN, 280 kgf, 617 lbf
||Raised Floor Pedestal SG-2 tube is coated with electrophoretic deposition (EDP). Pedestal’s head plate and threaded rod are coated with yellow zinc. Other coatings are available on request.
2 Types of Head Plate LH
Raised Floor Pedestal Head Plate LH-NCL
Rigid grid, Non-Cornerlock
4 taped holes to lock stringers
Raised Floor Pedestal Head Plate LH-CL
Rigid grid, Cornerlock
8 taped holes to lock stringers and panels
1. Used in industrial application where heavy load or higher FFH is required.
2. Suitable environment: manufacturing plant, laboratory and clean room.
|Compatible panel size
Dimension: 600 mm × 600 mm
1. 30 mm-32 mm (woodcore panel, calcium sulphate panel)
2. 45 mm-50 mm (die cast aluminum panel)
Stringer size: 25 mm × 25 mm × 554 mm (thickness: 0.75 mm)
Bolt-on stringer shall be secured to the pedestal
Die cast aluminum panel
Calcium sulphate panel
There are two different types of access floor understructure system, that is Non-Cornerlock system and Cornerlock system. Raised Floor Pedestal Head Plate LH-NCL and LH-CL are to be installed with Non-Cornerlock system and Cornerlock system respectively.
1. Rigid grid, Non-Cornerlock ( using head plate LH-NCL and stringer LH)
2. Rigid grid, Cornerlock ( using head plate LH-CL and stringer LH )
Please note that the stringer and pedestal head plate’s tapped holes can customized to fit your panel.
1. Panel sizes may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, but we can adjust the stringer size to fit varied sizes and shapes of panel, please inform us your demanded stringer dimensions.
2. If you use Cornerlock raised floor panel, please specify the position and size of the head plate’s tapped holes for panel mounting, and we will manufacture the pedestal to suit your panel.
|1. Head Plate
Raised Floor Pedestal Head Plate LH
Length × Width: 75 mm × 75 mm
Thickness: 3.5 mm
|2. Tube welded to head plate (3 sizes available)
Tube inner diameter: 3/4", M20, M24
Head plate’s tube height: 25 mm
|3. Head plate’s tapped holes for stringer mounting
|4. Threaded rod (3 sizes available)
3/4", M20, M24
Threaded rod height: 180 mm
|5. Hexagon nut (3 sizes available)
||3/4", M20, M24
|6. Tube cap welded to tube (4 sizes available)
|Tube cap diameter
||Tube cap thickness
|Ø 41 mm
|Ø 51 mm
|Ø 63 mm
|Ø 79 mm
|7. Tapped hole on the tube cap for thread engagement of threaded rod (3 sizes available)
||3/4", M20, M24
|8. Tube (4 sizes available)
|Tube outside diameter
|Ø 38 mm
|Ø 48 mm
|Ø 60 mm
|Ø 76 mm
|9. Base Plate
Length × Width: 150 mm × 150 mm
Thickness: 3 mm
|10. Tapped hole for earth connection
|11. Earthing screw (pan head screw)
|12. Stringer screw (flat head screw)
|13. Bolt-on stringer (hollow rectangular section)
Size: 25 mm × 25 mm
Length: 554 mm
Thickness: 0.75 mm
1. Raised Floor Pedestal Head Plate LH can be fitted to woodcore panel, calcium sulphate panel or die cast aluminum panel.
2. Raised Floor Pedestal SG-2 has 3 different sizes of threaded rod (3/4", M20, M24) to choose from and are all designed to withstand heavy loading.
3. Raised Floor Pedestal SG-2 has 4 sizes of heavy duty’s tube (Ø 38 mm, Ø 48 mm, Ø 60 mm, Ø 76 mm) to choose from and are all designed to withstand heavy loading.
4. Because the requirements for heavy duty pedestal often vary from project to project, please kindly provide us your requirements so that we can make adjustments to customize as per your requirements.
1. Upon customer’s request of earthing (grounding), an earth screw point on the base plate will be tapped and a M6 screw will be provided. Installation of earth bonding can be realized by passing and tightening a M6 screw through your wire connector.
2. Raised Floor Pedestal Axial Load Test:
Raised Floor Pedestal SG-2 is tested in accordance with the test procedures set forth in Ceilings & Interior Systems Construction Association CISCA A/F, Section 5 and European Standard En12825. Pedestal SG-2 is capable of withstanding 64 kN, 6550 kgf, 14440 lbf axial load per pedestal.
(This test result is based on FFH 50 pedestal with Ø 48 mm tube)
3. Raised Floor Stringer Load Testing:
Raised Floor Stringer HJ and LH are all tested in accordance with the test procedures set forth in Ceilings & Interior Systems Construction Association CISCA A/F, Section 4 and European Standard En12825. Both stringer HJ or LH is capable of withstanding 2.74 kN, 280 kgf, 617 lbf concentrated load per stringer.
(The test result is based on hollow rectangular section stringer, thickness: 0.75 mm)
4. Tube cap’s center is tapped so the threaded rod can be screwed tightly on to the tube cap.
5. The tube is fillet welded to the base plate and to the tube cap.
6. Upon customer’s request, threaded rod can be right-hand threaded on one end and left-hand threaded on the other end. And both the left-hand and right-hand threaded nut will be provided. This special design can prevent unnecessary rotation of head plate while installing panels.
7. Head plate’s welded tube has two tapped holes on two opposite sides. Once the head plate is placed onto the threaded rod, the head plate can be fixed tighter by driving two screws into the head plate tube’s two tapped holes.
1. Generally tube, base plate and stringer are coated with electrophoretic deposition (EPD) to prevent rusting. The head plate and threaded rod are plated with yellow zinc. Other coatings are available upon request.
2. In industrial application where acid or alkali resistance is needed, the access floor pedestal will be coated with polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) to prevent corrosion from acid or alkali exposure.
3. If highly corrosion resistant coating (anti-rust coating) is required, we suggest you to have the understructure coated with hot dip zinc galvanization or DACROMET plating.
4. To prevent zinc whisker contamination, we suggest other surface finishing such as powder coating, hot dip zinc galvanizing or nickel plating.
5. Hot dip zinc galvanized threaded rod can be made available but not recommended, because it would be difficult and costly to remain the thread dimensions within the original specifications. We would suggest you to choose other alternatives, such as PVDF, DACROMET or powder coating.
6. If you need to check corrosion resistance of specific coating or specific coating thickness, the coated component or product will be tested in neutral salt spray test and the report will be provided for you.
7. Should you have any special requirements for the corrosion resistance of the pedestal, please inform us. We will do our best to meet your requirements.
Raised Floor Understructure System: LH system
Raised Floor Stringer: Stringer LH
Raised Floor Pedestal & Stringer: SG-2